Herbsmith Bupleurum Calm Spirit provides the natural calming solution for the easily frustrated, difficult to control, spooky or anxious horse.
This blend is used to calm irritability and apprehension. It is ideal for the horse who is easily frustrated when asked to perform tasks, easily frightened, often shy, difficult to control due to excessive excitement and too preoccupied with the scary things in life to perform to their fullest potential. There are no tranquilizers in the combination, but rather herbs that naturally calm to take the “unproductive edge off” without losing the horse’s natural athletic ability.
- 150 g Powder (Tack Box Blend)
- 500 g Powder
- 900 g Powder
- 1200 g Powder
- Flax Plus 10 day supply
- Flax Plus 30 day supply
- Flax Plus 60 day supply
Constrained Liver Qi causes excessive irritability in the horse. The primary blend is used to spread the liver Qi and resolve constraint. The horse is by nature an athlete, or by Chinese philosophy, a liver animal, and as such is prone to liver disharmony.
Horses who are easily frightened by many things in their environment often have heart shen disturbances. Heart shen is considered to control the calmness or grounding of the mind. Herbs have been added to calm the heart shen and therefore decrease the fear of spooky things in the horses’ environment. In clinical practice, constrained Liver Qi and heart shen disturbances often occur together. Herbsmith Bupleurum Calm Spirit addresses both issues.
(For the 1000 lb Horse)
Traditional Formulas: Administer two (2) tablespoons twice daily for the initial twenty days, then two (2) tablespoons daily thereafter. Note: In the event the horse refuses to eat herbs, start with small amounts in the grain until the horse is acquainted with the taste or try the Flax Plus version of this formula. Almost all horses will eat the herbs in their grain.
Flax Plus: Administer one (1) scoop twice daily for the initial twenty days. Then, administer one (1) scoop daily thereafter. Six tablespoon scoop included.
Precautions:Can be used long-term, but may not need to be as the disharmonies resolve.
- Fructus Zizyphi Jujubae – da zao – Jujube
- Arillus Euphoriae Longanae – long yan rou – Longan fruit
- Radix Bupleuri – chai hu – Bupleurum
- Radix Scutellariae – huang qin – Scutellaria
- Codonopsis – dang shen – Codonopsis
- Ramulus Cinnamonmi Cassiae – gui zhi – Cinnamon
- Rhizoma Pinelliae Ternatae – ban xia – Pinellia
- Sclerotium Poria Cocos – fu ling – Poria
- Radix et Rhizoma Rhei – da haung – Rhubarb root and rhizome
- Os Draconis – long gu – Fossilized mammal bones
- Concha Ostreae – mu li – Oyster shell
- Rhizoma Zingiberis Officinalis – qan jiang – Dried Ginger Rhizome
- Inactive Ingredients (in Flax Plus only):Ground Flax Seed