Gentian Relieve Allergies naturally cools skin and is recommended for use in dogs and cats with seasonal allergies.
An allergy is a hypersensitive reaction to food, inhalant, or contact. The body’s defenses are signaled into an overreaction to a particular substance. This hypersensitivity often causes extreme heat in the animal, seen as reddened skin, hot weepy lesions, panting, restlessness, and skin that may be hot to the touch.
The herbs in Gentian Relieve Allergies cool heat and harmonize the body’s defenses to help support normal skin functions. By maintaining healthy skin and normal histamine levels and supporting the normal detoxification processes, Gentian Relieve Allergies soothes skin-related issues associated with seasonal allergies.
Pair Gentian Relieve Allergies with Milk Thistle for extra support during allergy season.
- 75 g Powder
- 150 g Powder
- 500 g Powder
- 900 g Powder
- 1200 g Powder
- 90 count Tablets (900 mg)
- 270 count Tablets (900 mg)
According to Chinese medical theory, the liver acts as a pump that provides the smooth flow of energy, or Qi (pronounced “chee”), within the body. When allergies lead to Liver Qi Stagnation, an imbalance within the liver, the “pump” overheats and produces skin that may be hot to the touch. The herbs in Herbsmith Gentian Relieve Allergies harmonize the liver and clear this heat without hindering the dog’s overall vitality.
Chinese medicine explains that life is a balance of yin and yang. Yin represents the fluids, maternal, quiet, nighttime and passive aspects of the body. Yang represents the heat, inflammation, active, male, daytime and aggressive aspects. When allergies exist the body is in a state of excess heat, or yang. As the heat increases, it eventually burns off the essential fluids, or yin.
This depletion of fluids causes the development of phlegm in a pet. Phlegm is seen in the form of a greasy coat, foul-smelling breath, and eye and ear discharge. Herbsmith Gentian Relieve Allergies resolves the heat and excess yang. With proper diet and care, the yin is replenished and healthy skin is maintained.
Herbsmith Rx Gentian Relieve Allergies is available in Powder, Tablet, and Herbal Bite form. Listed below are the suggested serving sizes based on form and species.
- For Dogs:
- <30 lbs……….½ tsp. twice a day, or as prescribed
- 30-80 lbs…….1 tsp. twice a day, or as prescribed
- 80-120 lbs…..1 ½ tsp. twice a day, or as prescribed
- >120 lbs……..2 tsp. twice a day, or as prescribed
- For Cats:
- ¼ tsp. twice a day, or as prescribed
- <10 lbs…….1/2 tablet twice daily, or as prescribed
- 11-30 lbs…..1 tablet twice daily, or as prescribed
- 31-50 lbs…..2 tablets twice daily, or as prescribed
- 51-80 lbs…..3 tablets twice daily, or as prescribed
- >80 lbs……..4 tablets twice daily, or as prescribed
- Herbal Bites
- For Dogs and Cats: Administer 1 disc per 15 lbs. twice daily
- Scutellaria (huang qin)
- Plantago (che qian zi)
- Raw Rehmannia Root (sheng di huang)
- Alisma (ze xie)
- Gentiana (long dan cao)
- Fructus Gardeniae Jasminoidis (zhi zi)
- Bupleurum (chai hu)
- Licorice Root (gan cao)
- Angelica Tang Kuei (dang gui)
- Longan Fruit – long yan rou – Longan fruit
- Jujube Seed (suan zao ren)
- Inactive Ingredients in Herbal Bites Only: Duck
- *Contains tree nuts.